Tuesday 9 October 2012

The First Cut.




This weekend I took a trip around Manchester. I seem to pop into the city art gallery every time im in Manchester. Its a really good place to visit and its amazing that you can still get in for free! I noticed that 'The First Cut' exhibition was on and decided to have a look. The exhibition itself wasn't too big, but the main gallery was pretty impressive. There was a really wide variety of work from loads of different artists, including Rob Ryan, Tom Gallant and Justine Smith. I found this work by Tom Gallant. 
(Heres the link to his website...  
http://www.tom-gallant.com)
I love Gallants use of pattern and collage in this collection. I like the idea of using game birds and I felt that this work really linked to my project. I also think the way the work has been displayed in these 3D memory frames suits the dated and run down feel to the overall piece. Above are some photographs I took at the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment