Thursday 8 November 2012

Faking a lino effect...

Today I've been playing around with a few painting effects. Last week at my interim review I got told to create a few more lino effect paintings from my own photographs. I was particularly inspired by the work of Mark Hearld when carrying out my research....

 

I decided to try and work in the style of Hearld myself.


I started off with this photograph I took of a horse chestnut. 
I didn't really no where to go from there, so i cut a stencil into the photograph. I then painted over the top of the stencil. I was left with a basic outline of the shape, which I then worked into. I really like the overall effect and think it looks similar to a lino cut. I also like the natural colours I've used. I would like to use this method again, but in a more simplistic way...



No comments:

Post a Comment