Wednesday 7 November 2012

McQueen Montage.

Today was a busy day! After spending the morning researching, writing and discussing my essay I decided to do some research for my other module. After my interim review I was told to look at how my theme has been used throughout the fashion industry. Ive looked at alot of collections, but the one that inspired me the most was Alexander Mcqueen's A/W 2012 collection. I loved the colours used and the mixture of lace, tartans, and 3D embellishments.  if you think about it Autumn itself is a very 3D season! Leaves falling off the trees and piling up in mounds, branches sticking out of the trees and flowers and grasses becoming...almost geometric skeletons after all their delicate petals have fallen off. I would like to create some samples of my own using tartan and 3D embelishments embracing the season. Here is a montage I created based around the collection.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment