Monday 4 February 2013

Crazy Mushroom Lady...

Bonjour! Sorry its been a busy weekend! I haven't had five minutes to post! So here are the pictures I was talking about the other day...
I started off drawing and painting up a few geometric patterns, which was actually really hard (mainly because there so precise!) I then experimented with printing with natural form, inc. potatoes and mushrooms! I was aware that i probably looked like a crazy woman whilst printing on paper with a big field mushroom, but luckily i was alone in my flat! I really like the overall effect of the mushroom print, i feel it adds texture to the surface of the paper and is a simplistic and effective way of creating a different shape to work with.
The rabbit drawing was a bit of a daunting task. As you know im not the best artist, especially when it comes to drawing things realistically, so i started off with just a basic pencil drawing. I like the sketchiness of the rabbit and how it looks slightly illustrative. I'm quite happy with the final image and i feel it suits my slightly graphic style. After sketching with pencil, i then traced over my original drawing and made a duplicate image to paint over. I mixed the rabbit head with various graphic/geometric patterns, trying to keep my colour palette muted and adding in one single bold flash of colour...Which in this case happens to be that gorgeous green im obsessed with!! 




1 comment: