Wednesday 20 February 2013

Wendy Bray...

Last year for my mums birthday I bought her a 12 month subscription to Homes & Antiques, a Vintage, Antiques and Interiors Magazine. The magazine is obviously for my mum to read, but she always saves me articles of which she thinks might be of some interest to me. I came home from Uni last weekend and she told me about an article she had read, about artist Wendy Bray. I sat down and had a read myself and found her story truly inspirational!






 Bray, a lady of many talents, has managed to raise four children, work as a textile designer, art dealer, ceramics restorer and painter. Four or five years ago her daughter found some of her old art work from her days at Croydon Art School 1948-51. Brays daughter showed off her mothers designs to a friend (a carpet manufacturer) who then ended up buying one Brays designs. Ever since Brays career has gone from strength to strength producing collections for Warner Textile Designs, Sanderson and the Curwen Studio. 


I recently attended the International Spring Fair and saw some of Brays more recent designs for stationary and notebooks. I loved her clean cut and slightly graphic designs, and think they work really well on these modern products. The colours and the shapes used really compliment each other and overall i think the collection is stunning, i might even treat myself to a new notebook for Uni! Click on images below to see and purchase more products in the range...






Click on the link below to visit Wendy Brays Webpage...


No comments:

Post a Comment