Saturday 26 January 2013

The Wee Beasties...

Whilst researching possible final products and patterns i came across this print company Timorous Beasties. Initially i was looking at their lampshades, but i had a browse at their other products and was really inspired by the broad range of colours and patterns they stock, also a lot of there print evolve around nature (hence the name of the company itself.) I loved the wallpapers and fabric prints, but fell in love with these lampshades. The rich colours and bold patterns made me think of my work last semester, and where i could take it this semester...click on the images below to take a look at the website for yourself...


This is my favorite lampshade, from the collection. I love the rich colours and this thistle pattern.



A selection of other lampshades, in various colourways from the collection.



The original wallpaper thistle pattern, used to create the thistle lampshade above.



I loved this modern and contemporary take on a tree wallpaper, i think it has a slight Japanese feel to it, with its pretty apple blossom and unusual tree shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment