Monday 28 January 2013

Todays Progress...

So today the plan was to draw up a few worksheets of patterns with my dads pens! At first i focused on drawing bulb shapes in my sketchbook. I loved the intricate insides of the plant bulbs and decided to interpret this with geometric pattern on a worksheet. I felt a bit lazy using the magic markers after a while, so i decided to paint the worksheet with gouache. I like the overall finish of the sheet, but i think the colours are a bit muted and dull, they looked ok when i mixed them, but they seem to have dried darker than i intended them to be...

Initial drawings of bulbs from an old diagram i found in a 1950's gardening book.
Trying out the Watercolour and linear technique i used yesterday, inspired by Holly Trill

My worksheet, apologies for the quality of image (i will scan it in tomorrow at uni). The colours looks even worse on here!! Im pleased with the geometric shapes and overall feel to the sheet, however im not keen on the colours or the rooty buts at the bottom.




No comments:

Post a Comment