Thursday 4 April 2013

Fish theme...

After trying to develop my fish theme further the other day i did some research into fishing and things that are used during the sport. I came across fly hooks, nets, rods, and floats. After developing my fish themselves and giving them a bit more life i have begun to paint and draw some fly hooks. There surprisingly pretty little things...considering there supposed to look like dead flies! I started off with some simple watercolor and coloured pencil drawings. Im really pleased with the over all finish and i want to expand the collection over the rest of this week so i can begin to design at the weekend. I feel this collection will work best on interior fabrics, possibly for use in the kitchen...

Gouache Fish paintings, I plan to develop these more by possibly painting some in block colours, giving them a more realistic finish...

Fly Hooks, Watercolour & Coloured Pencil...

No comments:

Post a Comment