Tuesday 23 April 2013

The heat is on...

Wow, the last few days have been a bit crazy! But im finally starting to feel like im getting somewhere! I had a tutorial on Monday, which went well, i feel like i got a lot out of it and i now have a full plan of action. Screen printed Tea Towels, Ceramics, Fabric Croques, Fabric lengths and Lampshades. I finally feel like i know what im doing, which feels great after being in a big heap on the floor for most of the Easter vacation! Today i bought my ceramic pieces and measured them to size. I have also completed a set of tea cup designs and ceramic canister designs to show my lecturer tomorrow, before they are sent off to the decal company. I have wanted to make espresso cups throughout this project. My mum has a lovely Whittards set at home and Ive had an obsession with patterned espresso sets since the day i saw them! Ive been shopping around for a set for months and i haven't found any i like. However whilst in M&S today i found a gorgeous set of small stubby teacups. I couldn't resist them. They were a bit pricey, but totally worth it. There not too big, but they will showcase my design work much better than my original espresso idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment