Sunday 7 April 2013

Manchester...

On Wednesday I went to Manchester with my mum and sisters. I really wanted to go and see the 'Raqib Shaw' exhibition thats on at the Manchester Art Gallery. Ive been meaning to go for ages, but i haven't got around to it! The exhibition was good and the work was beautiful, but it wasnt really my thing. It was all a bit Gordy and gruesome! The drawings and paintings that Shaw had created were really impressive and the colours used were amazing, however i felt that there was a slight over use of glitter and rhinestones! 



Whilst in Manchester i visited the design center and had a browse around all the different studios. There was some really beautiful work, but i had seen most of it before, because when im back in Bolton i visit the craft center nearly every time im in Manchester! It such a nice relaxing place to be and its so bright and light and creative. I like to imagine myself sat there at a sewing machine stitching away and selling bits and bobs in my own studio in a few years time! 



I also came across a few shops in the 'Northern Quarter' that had some really nice collections including work from Angie Lewin and Lush Designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment