Monday 8 April 2013

Step Ladder Décor...

For the past few weeks i have been thinking about ways to display my work at my degree show. After a tutorial a few weeks ago we discussed the possibility of displaying my fabrics on an old ladder. I did a bit of research into how other artists and shops have used ladders in displays and i really liked the way it looked...


I started to look on sites like ebay and gumtree, for a good second hand pair. I didn't want to buy new because i felt that a second hand pair would have more character. All the pairs on ebay were all really expensive because people were selling them as 'shabby chic.' Or in other words, old and tired looking lets add £20 onto the price!! Yesterday I finally found a pair in Lichfield which is quite close to my home in Shropshire. But by the time i had driven there and purchased the ladders it would have worked out at about £50! Ironically yesterday afternoon my mum and sister visited a vintage fair at a local village hall and low and behold look what was waiting for them when they got there!! It was meant to be! So here are my beauts new ladders! All i need now is some beautiful work to display on them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment