Friday 8 March 2013

Alexander's Tie...

Ive been struggling a bit with creating my geometric shapes recently. Ive been trying to paint them, but its really hard to do because it all has to be so precise and in line! I was with my friend the other day and he had an amazing tie with a geometric pattern on it! I asked him where it was from, hoping i could research into the company that made it. Turns out it's vintage and from the 1940's. I took a look on Google at lots of different 1940's ties and strangely enough there all full of geometric pattern! I always consider geometrics to be a modern and contemporary form of pattern, so i was surprised to find so many designs from the 1940's! I decided to try a few geometric patterns of my own on Photoshop and created this design with the help of my research and using the colour palette I designed yesterday! Im really pleased with the finished designs and i feel that they would work well on ceramics or wallpaper panels.

From left:- Alexander, Alexander Mustard, Alexander Plum.

No comments:

Post a Comment